The Fleece Countryside Inn
The Fleece Countryside Inn is an award-winning Pub, Restaurant, Wedding Venue & Function Venue. Situated in the beautiful Ryburn Valley in Calderdale, The Fleece overlooks the village of Ripponden as well as across the Calder Valley from its hillside location.
Following its full refurbishment and reopening in late 2012, the venue has retained its charm and character against this backdrop of stunning Yorkshire landscape. Our award-winning food is served in the Bistro and Restaurant with weekly changing menus and specials.
“A pub can be a magical place.”
We are here to help
Our team will happily assist you with arranging any family dining experiences, events or special occasions ensuring your Fleece experience is perfect in every way. Please get in touch if you have any questions or special requests.
- "Called for lunch with my friend yesterday. Friendly helpful staff and the food was absolutely great."
- "We came last Wednesday and decided to have the tempura Prawns followed by the soup and sandwich meal. We picked the salmon and prawn, the soup and sandwich meal was to share. When it came we were over the moon! it had all been put on a platter each. Everything was fantastic and cooked to perfection. The soup was so good! leek and potato. We will certainly be back. The staff couldn't be more pleasant."
- "The food was excellent with very high standards and the atmosphere was great. The staff work so hard and are very efficient and are always smiling, the menu was perfect for Sunday lunch out. I recommend The Fleece Inn to friends and family. Thank you team Fleece."
- "We held our humanist ceremony and wedding celebration here on Saturday, the venue and the team were fantastic!"
- "Went to the Fleece tonight after winning a Facebook competition.... we were lucky enough to receive free steak and wine! The steak melted in my mouth and the wine was delicious too. The staff are lovely and the venue is gorgeous. We will definitely go back!"